Enamel Pin Grading
Pins are graded into 3 quality grade. Standard Pins & Seconds. Seconds are then graded into B & C.
Standard Pins/ A-grade pins
Standard Pins are near-perfect or perfect pins, but all pins are handmade hence, they may still contain minor imperfections.
Examples of these include but are not limited to:
- Small and/or light scratches on the pin
- Uneven metal areas
- Small dirt/dust lodged in the colors
- Slight misalignment in screen-printing
Seconds Pins (B and/or C)
Seconds Pins are graded into B & C.
C grades have more noticeable flaws and are hence sold at a huge discounted price. Such flaws include but are not limited to:
- Scratches or marks across larger areas of the pin
- Obvious dirt, dust or patches on pin
- Large areas of oxidization on the metal
- Badly misaligned or missing screen-printing.
- Wobbly backings or crooked backings
- Underfilled or overfilled areas.
I hope this helps with a better understanding of how the pins are graded! Do reach out to us if you have any further questions!